Does anyone else feel like it was just 2015 last week? I’m happy to leave 2016 behind with gratefulness for another day, week, month and year ahead. I’m ready to crush some personal records, live with more boldly and intentionally, have more face time with people sans screens, and go through each moment knowing it could be my last. I’m also ready to motivate and push each of you to reach your personal goals. Let’s take on 2017 together and make it count!
Today’s workout included 8 stations around the studio: box jumps, weighted step ups, agility ladder, squat high pull, clean and press, farmer carry, single leg battle rope and jump rope. These exercises were done in rotation, spending 1 minute at stations with 15 seconds to rest and rotate to the next station.
In the middle of the room, bags were set up. Groups of exercises on the bags were repeated for 4 minutes.
1. Bags – 4 min: 30 jabs, 30 hooks, 20 skater steps.
2. 4 station rotations, 1 minute each.
3. Bags – 4 min: 30 jabs, 20 front kicks, 30 belly rippers.
4. 4 station rotations, 1 minute each. Pick up where you left off.
5. Bags – 4 min: 2 jabs (both arms), 3 roundhouse kicks (same leg) – do this 10 x alternating legs, 20 weighted jacks.
6. 4 station rotations, 1 minute each. Pick up where you left off.
7. Bags: 4 min: 15 R-L jabs, 15 L-R jabs, 20 side kicks, 5 bag burpees.
8. 4 station rotations, 1 minute each. Pick up where you left off.
9. Bags: 4 min: 30 belly rippers, 20 roundhouse kicks, 15 tricep dips or overhead extensions.