Kicked off this Wednesday with a tough spin routine this morning. I try to challenge my class, especially my regulars, to bump up their baseline every so often. Even if for a few songs. You’ve got to challenge yourself and keep yourself from settling on a fitness plateau. No point getting up before 5 a.m. for an easy workout, #amiright ?! Make it a GREAT Wednesday!
Here’s what we did this morning:
- warm up – RPM drills, gear building
- standing rolling hills – begin at 4 above base, gradual up 4 down 2 building to 10 above base
- seated climb – pushes on the chorus, worked to 8 above base in the saddle
- climbing slides – start at 4 above base, 4 count slides on the verses, gear up 2 after each set; isolations on the chorus
- sprints – RPM drills working to a sprint (~130 RPMs) 2x, RPM does not drop below 110 entire song
- heavy climb – remain in the saddle entire song, end at 10 above base, increases every 20 sec.
- heavy climb continued out of the saddle, reach 12 above base 2x, increases every 15 sec.
- tabata sprints – 30 sec sprint | 15 sec rest
- reverse climb and pushes – reverse pedal direction, gradual increase to 5 above base; pushes in saddle and hover position on chorus
- climbing isolations – isolations beginning at 4 above base, increase gear by 1 after each isolation
- jumps – start at 4 above base, 4 count| 2 count on chorus, increase gear by 1 after each set
- climb – steady climb to 12 above base, surprise pushes
- cool down | stretching