Today was a long day. I ended up teaching three very different classes by the end of it. Enjoy!
Round 1: Spin
The ride this morning focused on building leg strength and endurance. We did lots of intense climbing, both in and out of the saddle. I encouraged riders to maintain cadences as resistance increased.
- Warm up – RPM increase drills; stretching
- Beginning 4 above base, push on the chorus; increase RPM by 2 after each push – it should get really tough on the last push!
- Starting at 4 above base, 4 count slides on the verses, hover on bridges, pushes; increase gear by 1 after each push
- Starting at 4 above base, pushes on chorus, gear up 2 after each push
- Seated climb starting on base; gear up 1 every 15 sec to 12 above base
- Standing climb starting at 4 above base, working to 12 above base; increase every 15 seconds
- Endurance ride, beginning on base, maintain 115 RPM entire song, increasing gear by 1 every minute
- Tabata sprints – 30 seconds on | 10 seconds off
- Seated climb beginning at base, increase 2 gears every 30 seconds
- Sprints on chorus on flatroad
- 45 sec isolations, 15 sec rest (4 above base entire song)
- Starting at 4 above base, 4 count | 2 count jumps
Round 2: Power Pump
- warm up – stretching, light muscle movements
- stability ball wall squats with weights, 5- 10 sec holds throughout
- single | double leg deadlifts
- thigh squeezes with stability ball – this one you might just have to come and experience in class for yourself. It’s a killer!
- chest press, chest fly on stability ball
- front shoulder raised, upward row
- stability ball crunches
- plie squats, one heel raised at a time
- stability ball leg raises, ball pass, stability ball pendulums
- lunges – 4 corners
- tricep extensions, tricep spine raises
- bridge holds, bridge pulses, bridge leg lifts
Round 3: cycle strength interval
15 minute bike warm up: RPM drills, slides, climbs, pushes
Repeat for 5 min: 20 jogger arms (ea. arm), 10 single dead lifts each leg, 10 double leg dead lifts, 10 weighted jump squats
5 min bike: climb
Repeat for 5 min: 10 baby arnolds, 10 lunges (each leg), 10 plank jacks
5 min bike: climb/pushes
Repeat for 5 min: 30 sec. plank, 10 plank hip digs, 10 v-ups
5 min bike: jumps
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll try one of these workouts if I haven’t seen you in class. For now, it’s time to catch some shut eye. Until next time!